Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Ice Fishing, More Big Gills

4 posters

Go down

Fishing More Ice Fishing, More Big Gills

Post by OhioFisher Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Woke up REALLY late today and as soon as I got up the debate was on wheter to hit the ice on Erie or The Harbor. With this wind and the old snowmobile-that actually works and runs good but ya never know so I decided we would try for the gills because a buddy tore em up yesterday and got a 10in! It wasn't cold so we didn't bring the shanty even though after a little while I was looking like this Cold We started at the normal spot nothing but little ones so we decided to WWWAAAYYYY move and it wasn't worth it at all! The fish were in the weeds ad once we got back it was non stop action. Mostly littlew but we managed over 30 keepers only one under 7 that swallowed the hook. A really good day. Like always a teardrop and waxie Did the trick.

What was relly cool today was the camera. If the water is shallow it really helps-the weeds looked like a forest!!! EVERYWHERE! Incredible. I trided t take pix but when I looked the camera into the screen it went all blurry for some reason. I saw a Jumbo perch looking at my sweedish pimple today but when I moved the cam it scared it. I saw one other perch caught-they're down there just need to really fish for em if I wanted em. Also saw over 20 bass on the cam but could only manage to hook one? It was a Big Fish too! Got him to the hole and broke the line Sad You'll have that I suppose. Today was Awesome manged plenty of doubles and even though the pix only show 27 or so we stayed a little later and caught about 7 more Very Happy
More Ice Fishing, More Big Gills 002-5
More Ice Fishing, More Big Gills 003-5
More Ice Fishing, More Big Gills 004-5
More Ice Fishing, More Big Gills 008-2
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: More Ice Fishing, More Big Gills

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:29 am

good job on the catch.