Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

coyote hunting

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors coyote hunting

Post by saugeye1 Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:57 pm

anyone inter. i got a place i go to squirrel hunting in middle of sept. that is absolutely loaded with em. never have tried calling, but was surrounded by them calling back and forth to each other, did manage to try to get a shot of on a young one. anyone inter in sept. heres the invite.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: coyote hunting

Post by Flathead King 06 Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 pm

I am interested but thats a pretty good drive just for some mangy yotes... I hunt them quite extensively each year in the winter and spring
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 pm

my moto is have gun and fishin pole will travel. I mean this place is absolutely loaded with em.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:36 am

we killed 39 last year around my area... and have already taken 16 this year
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:25 pm

do u sell the hides, was reading in fur,fish and game yotes hides were up in price this year.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:19 am

we used to... but the guy we sold them to went from accepting them "as is" (just killing them and taking them in) to accepting them only if they are skinned out... and we only got $10 a dog when we would take them to him... so on my part... what he is offering isn't worth the hassle of skinning the dogs out
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:56 pm

was turkey hunting last spring and called in about 5 of them all orange and got the one and took it tax and he just laughed... I did not know there fur was not worth shit in the spring.... I was not going to shoot until the one grabbed one of my 50$ decoys lol
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:24 pm

couple of years ago i picked up one hit on rd. wife had me take to get it mounted, 32lb male. beatiful coat looks really good mounted. kprice where do u turkey hunt at. i love to hunt them critters. last week saw 8 longbeards crossing rd min from my house.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 pm

I turkey hunt in hinckley ohio...I have got a long beard 3 years in a row now. I was deer hunting during the fall, had 2 small button bucks come in then about 20 min later I was surrounded by about 75 turkey (not an exaggeration) I have the entire thing on video. The funny thing is my dad was walking back the night before getting my trail camera and had some of them fly down on him. He said it scared him half to death lol. During the video you can hear really good how they call back and forth to each other. If anyone wants to to help with putting the video on here, I could possibly have it up this weekend. When it comes to coyotes I hate em, but never feel like wasting an arrow or ruining my deer/turkey hunt. But I have shot 3 so far and there are plenty of them.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:11 pm

i hunt turkeys in the fall and not many people realize just how vocal they are. reading in nwtf magazine turkey uses primarly 6 calls in the spring and 42 diff. sounds in the fall, the absolutely lite up the woods in the fall.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:41 pm

kprice5 wrote:I turkey hunt in hinckley ohio...I have got a long beard 3 years in a row now. I was deer hunting during the fall, had 2 small button bucks come in then about 20 min later I was surrounded by about 75 turkey (not an exaggeration) I have the entire thing on video. The funny thing is my dad was walking back the night before getting my trail camera and had some of them fly down on him. He said it scared him half to death lol. During the video you can hear really good how they call back and forth to each other. If anyone wants to to help with putting the video on here, I could possibly have it up this weekend. When it comes to coyotes I hate em, but never feel like wasting an arrow or ruining my deer/turkey hunt. But I have shot 3 so far and there are plenty of them.

I can help with the video
How long is it, if possible try and e-mail it to me ohiooutdoors@gmail.com

I'm hoping to get my first turkey this year... Hoping Rolling Eyes
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:50 pm

ill be back home tommorow ohiofisher ill send it to you then...you guys willl really be amazed. The calls they made were really something. The video is about 8 min long.... alot can be taken out I was video taping the 2 yearlings for awhile...
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down