Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

yotes and squirrel rifle

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors yotes and squirrel rifle

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:30 pm

just wondering what every one uses. mine is marlin mossy oak camo monte carlo stock with bsa 4 by 32 scope. never really yote hunted but if i did probably use my .243 Sniper
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: yotes and squirrel rifle

Post by Flathead King 06 Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:57 pm

Coyote Rifles

.243 winchester on a remington model 700 BDL... shoot Hornady .58 grain V-MAX varmint express and .55 grain nostler tip rounds through it... get around 3,450 fps at muzzle break... paired with a bushnell 4x12x50 varmint scope

Savage model 12 varmint .204 thing I like best about this gun is it has the accu-trigger... makes it very nice!!! I shoot Hornady 32-grain V-Max at 4,225 fps and a 40-grain V-Max at 3,900 fps... very fast and flat shooting gun... paired with a leupold 3x9x40... I want to upgrade to the 8.5x25x50... but who has an extra $1500 laying around

Squirrel Rifles

Marlin model 60 .22 with gold trigger... shoot remington sub-sonic hollow points... paired with a bushnell 3x9x40 rimfire scope

Remington model 597 shooting the remington sub-sonic hollow points... also paired with a bushnell 3x9x40 rimfire scope
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:58 am

love those hornady v max. i shoot those .17 grain v max in my .17 hmr which has 4by 12 40 bdc scope. quick question heard diff opinions on this, how do u think the .17 hmr would do on yotes.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:51 pm

Jerry post a pic of that camo gun you got on M.S. Wink
If that is yours it looks killer!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:14 pm

saugeye1 wrote:love those hornady v max. i shoot those .17 grain v max in my .17 hmr which has 4by 12 40 bdc scope. quick question heard diff opinions on this, how do u think the .17 hmr would do on yotes.

I've heard mixed opinions about it... but as fast and straight as that gun shoots I personally don't think you have to worry about anything unless you are popping shots off at 300yds+, then you make have problems due to how light the load is... but for shots around 100-250yds... I'd say go for it
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:17 pm

OhioFisher wrote:Jerry post a pic of that camo gun you got on M.S. Wink
If that is yours it looks killer!

It's not mine...YET!!! It's the new Remington R-15 varmint model... very SWEET looking gun... patterned off the infamous AR-15... the R-15 combine the best of both worlds as far as assault weaponry and varmint hunting... alot of upgrades and fancy "do-dads" on them... It's my next coyote gun once I get some spending money

yotes and squirrel rifle 2460818575_8961ab3807_b
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:49 pm

sweeeeettttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator