Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lake snowden

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors lake snowden

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:20 pm

managed 1 small bass today in 2 hours fishin. only had 1 other bite. slow today for me hope someone else had better luck.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: lake snowden

Post by kmjschulz Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:29 pm

1 is always better than none right? I haven't actually been to Snowden this year even though its one of my favorites. I haven't even got my parking pass yet are they still the same price? Sucks that they started charging you to park there but yea.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:52 pm

did not realize that, i usally just drop a dollar in the metal box at office, they usually don't bother me in my work truck, i know the maint. guy their. usually after work there is no one there anyway. i guess the worst they can do is ticket me. lol
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Yea i'll admit i went a couple times too after they closed before i got my parking pass last year. I told somebody i did that and man they lit into me! Said something about how the park can't afford rangers and so on and so forth. Some people just like to argue over nothing. Man i'm anxious to get out there, talked to my buddy today and he said he had a really good day out there last weekend. I'm sick of work, but aren't we all. I'm becoming too much of a hocking river rat lately have only been to one actual lake this year that was fox lake and alot of little ponds, and raccoon creek.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:34 pm

raccoon where do ya fish it and do u catch those spotted bass or smallies,nothing wrong with being a river rat.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:32 pm

I've fished it from all the way up at moonville to as far south as down to the ohio but mainly around wellston and around those parts. I mainly catch spots but have also caught abunch of sunfish out of there and a couple smallies,nothing big though. I usually just use live minnows or nightcrawlers when i fish there but have also caught some on little crankbaits and tubes. If you want to catch big fish its not the place to go, but some stretches of that creek are just downright amazing looking scenery wise. Its a good place for me to go to unwind anyway. I'm sure theres better looking places for scenery but i don't have the money to go to em so i'll stay in my little bubble here lol.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:19 pm

defin a beautiful area, moonville is only about 15 min from my house, never fished it though. guess gonna have to try it out. is there fish from moonville tunnell all the way to wellston? also have u been through tunnell and seen the beaver pond on other side, not for sure if there is any fish in it though.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:47 pm

I've caught some fish in that area around Moonville. Theres a couple good holes near there, but theres alot of really shallow areas in that stretch, and alot of snags, really the best places are from around wellston on down in my opinion. Theres a couple good swimming holes in there too lol.Never noticed that beaver pond, i might just have to check it out. When i go around moonville i try go during the week cause seems like every weekend theres alot more people at the tunnel trying to find a ghost i guess(they say its haunted which i'm sure you know).
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:48 am

of, course, i thought about trying it right off of sr 160 south of sr 32 like yuor going to wilkesville, little twp rd there on left with pretty deep holes.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down