Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandusky River Walleye Run Report! Tagged Fish

4 posters

Go down

Fishing Sandusky River Walleye Run Report! Tagged Fish

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:39 pm

I got Dad talked into fishing the dusky today... It wasn't till about 4 he got up from his nap but we were there by 5:30 and even with his low hopes I still tried to tell him that guys were catching fish!!! Well when we pulled up, we were right behind the warden and thats always good haha there were 2 guys and a kid with 4 fish as we watched him box in there car... good moves he had Wink He started to talk as we watched them get busted... he pointed out the areas they were snagged so he was watching!!! But, this did give sign that there were fish!!! A bit of a crowded lot... As for the fishing, not too crowded at all
Sandusky River Walleye Run Report! Tagged Fish Image0096
We went srtaight down and it wasn't long until till we got a spot and Dad snagged his first couple... He ended up snagging 12 or so for the day... here is one of the first snagged fish, most were in the 22in. range
Sandusky River Walleye Run Report! Tagged Fish 001
After this we kept on snagging some and getting snags lol Dad managed his first keeper after snagging 6-8 fish... It was the smallest fsh we caught/snagged all day-19in. which is still a real good fish.
Then came Mr. warden one girl next to us made a few and I mean few casts witout a license he checked us and just as he was standing there I caught a fish. It was hooked through the top lip into the mouth. I took a pic of it in the water and he says... Well aren't you gunna get that thing in and I said well isn't that snagged lol... My Dad and I said it at the same time... So anyways a iget it up and he gave me a little lesson on how they tell if it's snagged or not which is really nice because now I know... So I had mine, A nice 22in. fish with a chunky deformation on it.
Sandusky River Walleye Run Report! Tagged Fish 002
After this Dad got another fish around twenty inches as I was walking away... This happened about 5 times lol IT HAD A TAG!!! I'll get a picture later but it was pretty cool!! Then about the last 5 minutes Dad got a real good 25in. fish, like the rest all males... I had a couple more snagged after that but never got em in.
Sandusky River Walleye Run Report! Tagged Fish 003-1
A really fun evening on the river and the fishing was excellent!!! I'm sure it will be crowded tomorrow but I plan on going after school. Sat and Sun we'll be hitting the lake... There sure was a technique today, There were plenty of people around us not catching a thing-not even snagging em... But there was a person or two who kept a snagged fish and got away with it... They were close... Good guys down there too!!! Water clarity-1ft. normal level, floating J.H.'s
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Sandusky River Walleye Run Report! Tagged Fish

Post by kprice5 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:17 pm

thanks for the report. nice eaters!!
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 pm

i'm jealous, not going to take any more pics of my bay saugs. Very Happy
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 am

nice fish and good pictures too. we don't fish either river for the walleyes or white bass, so i need you to explain the TAG to me. as for the game warden; good job; if you break the rules you deserve to be caught. too many fish out there for cheating. and the money they get fined increases the good fishing one way or another for all of us. i say fine them twice, except for kids. now if a parent was with them then return the fish and explain the reason, they'll catch another. if i was 12 and had never caught a walleye before i would be tempted to keep it, though my mom would have had my a@#. worse than any game warden! Laughing
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down