Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ Brown Christmas Tree Drop

2 posters

Go down

Good CJ Brown Christmas Tree Drop

Post by OhioFisher Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:02 pm

The contact information for the tree project is, 937-327-9194
I just called lowell turner, the main dude for the project
He runs the marina and was very informative

From what I could pick out they're dropping christmas trees and mulberry tress that they will be cutting down from around the park-17 or 15 I think

They'll go off the point next to the dam, if you drive by you will see the flag on the shore he said. They will be putting the them out north and east of that.

This is supposed to improve the perch population as it was very good in the 90's making the fish fat and prolific and after the lake drop there habitat disappeared and so did the perch. He described it as a food chain thing and it made sense.

They need boats to drop wood and cut and drag... Only will be called off for over 15mph. winds

This won't be the only drop time, sounds like a pretty good plan, no gps map but you can bring your gps on the boat that drops the tree-I'll be around saturday, anyone else?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Good Re: CJ Brown Christmas Tree Drop

Post by bugeyedjig Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 pm

this is a great idea. we belong to s club here in bluffton, and they collected christmas trees last year with the intent to sink them in piles to help school up the panfish in this huge quarry. good idea and would help everyone find some fish . problem was, guys that are in office went in and sunk them without telling anyone where they put them. defeats the purpose!!!!!!!!!!. so we went back and forth with the underwater camera until we found them and now we tell anyone who asks for some structure where they are. make sure you make some notes or they mark them somehow so everyone will benefit. NEEDLESS TO SAY, A FEW OF OUR DIRECTORS HAVE BEEN REPLACED. Laughing
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down