Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crappie and Bluegill at Moundwood!

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors Crappie and Bluegill at Moundwood!

Post by ratherbefishing Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:18 pm

Went after saugeye yesterday at Indian Lake and wasn't getting anything, so I switched over to the ultralight for some panfish. I was just taking a chance that they might be moving shallow, so I hit the riprap toward the mouth of Moundwood channel. There are a couple of laydowns there and I dropped the wayne's jig into what turned out to be a super productive little stretch of shoreline! Inside of about half an hour I got several bluegill, and a half dozen small CRAPPIE! One was a good keeper a little over 12". Hopefully this is a sign that they're going to be getting up shallow pretty soon.
If you hit your home lake for panfish in the near future please post in your region's forum, or in the panfish forum so we can compare notes!

Good fishin'!

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Crappie and Bluegill at Moundwood!

Post by bugeyedjig Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:24 pm

sweet.we thought the front that went thru shut everything down. but no we have high hopes for the weekend thanks to you. great job.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:41 pm

12" crappie, great catch, will do when i start after the gills.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:41 pm

nice report. I will be coming home from Utoledo april 4th to do some trout fishing at Hinckley Lake (northeast ohio). I might try mosquito lake for some crappie n walleye. Ohiofisher have you heard any reports on mosquito?
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Sounds like a fun day Ryan!!!
I've had many times in my day I've switched over fishing and hunting that can really make for a great day!

kprice
Walleyes at the north end on jig n minnow
a few crappie and perch too, some walleyes also taking vibess in 9ft. or water, water temp around 43-45
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down