Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Pond Bass

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors More Pond Bass

Post by kmjschulz Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:07 pm

Did some work for a lady earlier this week who said i could come by and fish her ponds anytime i want.Well i took her up on her offer today from 5:30-7:45 and caught 8 more bass none bigger than 14 inches. They were all caught on a basspro green pumpkin w/red flake bass teaser tube. I probably spent 20 minutes just trying to catch number 8 because i don't like catching the same number of bass two times in row (i'm a weirdo don't ask). So i caught 8 bass in one pond then went to another one and got a really nice hit but lost it then i headed home. They were actually hitting pretty good even though it was cold and that wind was cutting right through me. I thought about leaving a couple times because of the wind. They were all released i just had to put em on the ground to take the pics.Anyway i'm doing a pretty good job not getting skunked this year hopefully i can keep it up, last year was another story. Heres some pics:

http://photobucket.com/Kelam

By the way, the Athens County Bassmasters club is having its first tourny tomorrow at Dow Lake and i'll be there for the weigh in i'll take pictures if somebody catches a hog the biggest somebody caught there last year was well over 6 pounds. I"ll prolly take pics anyway so yea i'll post those tomorrow i might fish a little bit before i go there too.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: More Pond Bass

Post by OhioFisher Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:14 pm

Sounds like you had a really successful day on your honey hole!!
I like that color tube-may have to try it Wink
Keep gettin em-looking forward to your upcoming plans
:featured:
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:12 am

sounds like great fun. with the 40 mph gusting wind, i am surprised you were able to get the tube in the water! Laughing
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:59 pm

nice bass kelam, i spent most of the day putting up fence and mowing grass, i'll bet u had more fun than i did. Very Happy
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Yea i actually had to work in our yard the whole day until i went to the weigh in at 4 because my woman had to buy a ton of plants from Lowes so that kept me busy for most of the day. Anyway, as far as the tournament, the biggest bass weighed 5.95 lbs and the winner had a 15 1/2 pound bag. I put a couple new pictures on my photobucket page from it if anyone wants to see the fish.
http://photobucket.com/Kelam
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks for the pictures
Looks windy!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher