Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What I can put together on the Walleye

2 posters

Go down

Fishing What I can put together on the Walleye

Post by OhioFisher Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Looking and hearing and reading reports from the west end, I'm going to do my best to put together a report:

West sister area is topping the best of areas from Sandusky west with the best catches coming from anywhere from 2-4 miles north of the island.
Best time has been the eves and till dark.

The best setup has been jet divers and spoons in about 30ft. of water
Fish are also being caught on 1oz. inlines about 55 - 65 back with gold/chart./pink/and purple blades-large and small
2oz. inlines are producing also with the same-at about 45 back

Farther east, before the bugs stared to hatch a good school of eyes was hanging around the rattlesnake area but as of late the area has been "dead" they were in about 32-34 feet NW of the island.

The other "hotspot" has been the kelleyes island area, mainly the east side in anywhere from 28-42 feet.
The best program here has been bottom bouncers and the inline deal

Most recent limit catches although have been coming 13 miles from the mazuriks ramp NE of Kelleys shoal. The jet program that has been working to the west also has been good here. Dispeys and spoons will work just as good or better. Try the 3 setting on the dipseys. Once you find the fish, you;ve got the work the pod.

Perch reports are few and far between but many are being pulled from the K.I. airport area in anywhere from 28-34ft.
(c)O.O.
Good Luck
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: What I can put together on the Walleye

Post by kprice5 Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:43 pm

been getting the eyes about 4 miles out of rocky river...all 22+ inches....perch are biting fair but not great, all males.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down