Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret Pond Bassin

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Secret Pond Bassin

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:25 pm

Well we found a pond way back in the hills out in the middle of no where so we decided to give it a try to see if it held any fish.

Well it had plenty of downed trees and was real tough to get to...

We first tried a spot that it looked as someone had been there, this was in the evening...

I had 4 fish on but only brought in 2 in the 12-14in range and my buddy couldn't keep 8 inch gills off his hook.

We were pretty happy with that for the twenty five minutes we fished it so we could get back before dark.

The next morning we woke up and headed straight back there... The bass were everywhere, we saw them in packs of anywhere from 1-10!!! But they were smarter than you think, so I out smarted them by going completley natural...

I used a live gill in the 5 inch range and had bass all over it, I would have gone crazy with my camera but I forgot to bring it Sad I had easily over 15 bass with one over 16in. They were all about the same size in a pond LOADED with gills.

May I add that we only fished a two living room size part of this pond that is probably three times that size... It has to get better, for next time Smile

Awesome fishin for sure!!! That will get an addiction started!!
Secret Pond Bassin 062709102
Secret Pond Bassin 0626092034
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Secret Pond Bassin

Post by saugeye1 Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:29 pm

nice bass, is that private or public?
saugeye1
saugeye1