Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJB Spillway

3 posters

Go down

Fishing CJB Spillway

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Fished the spillway the water was really coming out! I thought I might have a chance at something... I fished all along it to the bend. The only thing that was in there was shad in they were thick-Anybody if you need some shad there are some 1-12inchers all through the spillway and really thick in the small feeder creek by the 2nd dam. I even caught one and that would be my only catch. I think when the water slows down you may have a chance if someone tries it. I should be out in about a month jiggin and trollin!!!
CJB Spillway Phone10

Last edited by OhioFisher on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: CJB Spillway

Post by downtime Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:42 am

Do you think the shad will be their towards the end of April? As these are the perfect bate that we use.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:20 am

I'm not sure.... That day the water was gushing out and the shad were everywhere! I think when they let the water for summer pool the same thing may happen. That would be April first though. When I get down there again soon I'll tell you if they're still around Smile
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:50 pm

NorthSouthOhioFisherman, Thanks a lot,I hope to get to CJ in the next week on to to run my boat and try out some of my new gear before heading to Tennessee the middle of April.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:27 pm

I was thinkin about goin this uupcomin too but I have an event that i must attend at wittenberg Sad The nets are out around the edges so be careful... ill post a report of my expierences later...
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Ok...
Well just got done lookin for sheds-NOTHING! Drove by CJ and there actually was one crazy guy with a small 10ft. bass boat thing with a trolling motor-he stayed after dark-never saw him catch a fish in an hour! The sunset was better than the fishing in the marina which I tried Laughing I did check the spillway for ya-they opened it full blast again and the shad are thicker than last time! The gulls have found out and are everywhere around old reed and along the spillway. Again the feeder creek is the spot!
CJB Spillway Sunsetoncj
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 am

hey Johnny, where were the majority of the shad congregated at? up towards the main spillway or down towards the 2nd dam down by the "bridge"
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:05 pm

They were in that small feeder creek that empties into old reed. Rite next to that lil bridge. I was riding bikes with my sis yesterday and they werent there but they were floating down stream prolly soon they'll be stacked up again. There were alot of ppl fishing and not catching anything...
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:12 am

yea i went out driving yesterday and didnt see a whole lot of people catching anything... even clark lake was empty.... only caught 2 bullheads at clark
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:26 am

I hope to try for a few large shad(for bate) the 14th to 16 of this month, will keep an eye to this site and see if anyone is having any luck. Thanks, DT
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 am

I'll be down this weekend. I'll give you an update...
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:15 pm

OhioFisher,Thanks a lot I hope to get s few then as they make great bate.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:53 am

Will try to make it down Wednesday or Thursday(16th-17th) to try for shad. Heck may try for a few eye on CJ while I'm at it.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:01 am

Well I couldn't get down... Had a fishin derby up here that shortened my period of time that I would have down there....

A lot of guys have been throwing they're cast nets up at the north end by the islands.... They say once you find em you can get as any as you want Smile
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:10 pm

I had hoped to get a few below the spillway as I'm getting my boat ready for the trip to Tennessee this Saturday.OH well such is fishing ,Thanks any way
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum