Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full CJ Brown Weekend Fishin' Report WHITEBASS

Go down

Fishing Full CJ Brown Weekend Fishin' Report WHITEBASS

Post by OhioFisher Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:17 pm

Well called my buddy Dan and his boy up to try some fishing saturday morning. I got my minnows at C&J tackle and for 2.35 a scoop its worth it compared to Dan's scoop at the bait house near the spillway, although its cheaper the numbers are in the range of 12-13 minnows per scoop lol. Anyways we fished off the visitors center lot with carolina rigs, just like walleye rigs on the maumee tipped with a minnnow. We had quite a few bites but only managed 5 crappie, and a smallie caught by dylan.
Full CJ Brown Weekend Fishin' Report WHITEBASS 0711090859
Full CJ Brown Weekend Fishin' Report WHITEBASS 0711091114

Sunday rogue and I planned to take his boat out at 4:30am Shocked and catch the fish before everyone else in the tourney who were a bunch of a-holes. Well, it almost turned out that way, fish were jumping everywhere in the glassy calm waters and super thick fog... We trolled out to the point and it didn't take long and in about 10ft. picked up a shorty eye, a perch, and a crappie real quick. After the fog was clearing, the boats came from everywhere! Tourney guys trolling all over and jigging the humps. We did some fast trolling at about 2.5-3mph and didn't hit much although we gps'd some good marks and humps. Finally a fish was willing to bite. After trolling past a school of active whites I got Brian talked into going back after them. It didn't take long and I was getting them every cast and Brian was hitting them good too. I kept 31 myself, perfect eaters and threw back many more. It was pretty fun as we watched the school move north and then after the pleasure boaters broke em up they were gone. After we were done chasing the whites we headed back to the humps and acnchored up and I jigged while Brian managed to hook an 18lber!!! I had didn't want him to break his line on it though so I unhooked it for him!!! (anchor Laughing) While this was happening I was jigging a small spoon for ice fishing and did pretty good on the crappie but no eyes. I was surprised on how many bites I got on that! So we get back to the launch area and troll just a BIT more and finally he says ok lets reel em in and pack it in. Then he says Damn I got one! reeling it in he picks up this good 18in. eye that gets tangled in the other lines-so we lose it Sad But you'll have that at least we found an 11in. shorty and heard a lot of tourney guys picked at em decent too.
Full CJ Brown Weekend Fishin' Report WHITEBASS 0712090622
Full CJ Brown Weekend Fishin' Report WHITEBASS 0712090800
Full CJ Brown Weekend Fishin' Report WHITEBASS 0712090936
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down