Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deercreek Lake 3-21-10

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors Deercreek Lake 3-21-10

Post by rogue Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am

Well Rackshooter and I went down to Deercreek yesterday to see if we could get an eye or a crappie , nether happened . The water temp. was 50 and the water visibility was about 1-2in. and the water level was about 18in. below summer pool and it was dropping . They had the dam open pretty good but did see a couple of guys fishing there . The water was stained pretty bad from the rains and melt but we didn't see the creek it's self tell we left . The incoming water was real clean and looked very fishable but we was heading home by then . We marked some real nice schools with some of the best marks our hummingbird has ever showed since new , but it would have taken snagging them in that muddy water cause I just don't think they could see anything . I'm heading up to Erie this week to do some work and try to get in a little EYEING , I'll try to report if I can . Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Deercreek Lake 3-21-10

Post by rogue Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:24 pm

I read on another site that some folks are doing pretty good below the dam , that's where we had some real good marks and as open as they had it I'm sure it was like a big shop-vac . Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:21 pm

I read that also
good report, you should try that spot by the dam tomoro off shore
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:32 am

Rackshooter and I went back down last night and we was on the water a little after 5 . We was heading out of the end of channel from Harding cabin ramp and marked alot of fish and baitfish so we tried a drift to see what they was and we got into a nice mess of small crappies so we made the drift a couple times but just couldn't get any keepers . after that we went down to the dams rip-rap wall and got in to a bunch of small white bass and still some small crappie . We targeted saugeyes but not a one was caught and we stayed until a little after dark , now I'm not saying the eyes are not biting for they might be on a suicide bite but I just can't catch them but on the same hand I can never catch them . Water temp. was 47 water clarity was about 8" to a foot and water was down about 4 to 5 foot below summer pool . Not sure what fish if any being caught at the spillway I didn't go down there or I didn't go to any bait stores to ask . Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Thank You
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down