Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deercreek 6-19-09

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors Deercreek 6-19-09

Post by rogue Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:02 am

Went down to deercreek yesterday after the rains , I got there a little after 11am . Started out drifting down some sides of a point I was in 13'/ 14' of water throwing a 1" baumer( blue/chrome perch ) crank with 1/4 oz slip 2' above it . Picked up a couple crappies that was about the same size as the crank , then as i was floating the crank around the swing I felt a good hit and it was on , he was taking drag and going just about where ever he wanted too it , turned out to be a nice 21" channel cat . I went back up for another drift but I had no marks and no bites ( marked good on the first drift ) . I moved out in the center off the beach and anchored on some real nice marks and humps , but other than a couple more of them monster 3" crappie no takers . Then I started to troll some back water and again 3" crappie , Went back out in the lake I did get a saugeye but I didn't know I had him tell I hung bottom ( Almost a hole 12" ) . Ended up casting with a few more small crappie and white bass but none big enough to keep . Lake conditions : Water temp : stayed around 78 all after noon , Visibility : almost 2' , Waves :1.5 -2' occasional 3' and about 3' apart , fisherman : real nice , pleasure boaters : DUMB A#%*$ . Rogue . I almost forgot , my avatar pic was a cat that my 11 year old brought in while we was trolling a couple of weeks ago , he had to set down afterwards cause he was wore out . We have size limits on the boat so he ask ( is it a keeper ) I said no it's too big , You should have seen the look I got then ( I think he wanted to throw me in ) . It was 30" and I don't have a scale so I don't know what it's weight was .

Last edited by rogue on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Deercreek 6-19-09

Post by OhioFisher Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:39 pm

Nice avatar!!!

CAn't win em all...

Thanks for the report
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator