Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deercreek 6-6-09

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors Deercreek 6-6-09

Post by rogue Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:21 pm

My middle son and I finally got back out to do some fishing after a two week time of not being able to go due to work . The first thing I noted was all the dead carp floating , ( we saw about 50 or 60 of them ) . I'm hoping that it's due to the spawn and that the fish are old but there is some farm fields close to the creek . I also know that they closed the lake some five years or so ago due to the lake turning over or contaminants I can't remember for sure what it was . Well anyhow I'm glad the cats was biting or it would have been a real slow day , we caught three nice eaters ( 18" ) that had little red bumps on them that looked like poison/ivy so they went back in the water , we did keep one that looked ok . We caught two eyes the biggest was 16 1/2 the other about 8" and about six white bass and two crappie and one boat anchor . We about got run into by another fisherman because i don't think he could see us with his trolling motor was in his way , he did get close enough that he about ran over my port side board that i had out 30ft . After that and then catching the boat anchor ( that I'm sure i seen early in the day on the fish finder ) it was time for me to come home . I don't like to be on a lake on a weekend because to many things can happen plus i enjoy fishing/relaxing when I'm on the water . I met a real nice couple of fisherman at the dock that i talked to for a while about boats and fishing and that saved the day for me after the one i had on the lake . I did however notice that there was a lot of respectful people that was on the water that day and that made me fell good to see that , it makes up for all the days before when you want to send a torpedo into some rude guys boat . I have no ill will to the fisherman Saturday that got so close to us because I really don't think he could see us with his bow so high and his trolling motor that was on the front of his boat , it seemed to be just one of them things . Hey johnny the next time your down this way fishing at brown come over and show me how to put pic. on here , I'll take you and your dad ( or who ever ) out fishing as payment or i can take you guys out on my brother-in-laws head boat up at the lake . In closing I'd like to say don't forget to respect the woods and water that we hold so dear to us and the others that's are there enjoying it too . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Deercreek 6-6-09

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Great report rogue!
:featured:

First off, on a weekend you have to expect the jerks/crowds. CJ was like that this weekend and the boat nicks just mad it crazy

BUT
You caught fish in that place that was getting loaded up with boats, that can be tough quite often...

As for the carp die off they're not my favorite fish or anything close and I'm sure they can come back because they reproduce fast but it doesn't bother me to see some dead ones, could be overpopulation

So your brothers got a headboat eh? Wink
We'll get ya set up

Don't know when I'll be back down at CJ but remind me to let you know Smile

Thanks
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Deercreek 6-6-09

Post by OneMoreCast Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm