Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A long weekend of deer hunting-late report-deer shot!

3 posters

Go down

Hunting A long weekend of deer hunting-late report-deer shot!

Post by OhioFisher Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 pm

Well we headed down to champaign county last weekend to see what the rut stage was, and it was pre rut, but Dad saw a buck right on a hot doe, so a little bit of both, we are trying again saturday evening.

Anyways, saturday night I was on my favorite spot that I always see some deer, have some excellent video of them that I need to get uploaded! I've learned that if you are seeing deer, your better off staying at that stand because other spots probably won't be as good... So as the a short time passes a small doe and a button pass under my stand on a quick walk through. Later on with about an hour and a half of time left I see a nice doe come through the brush in front of me, before she gets to my lane she gets wind of me and turn around but walks about 25yds and stops in another cut out spot I have, THUNG I shot was right on her, must have hit a branch but I can't see how it could of, either way I missed... So later on just a few minutes before quitting time another real big doe walks in, so large I almost thought she as a buck, smells where I got down to find the area of the other deer and stops, PERFECT position for a shot THUNG stuck her good falls over rolls around for a good 5sec before she gets her chit together and runs off. we wait about thirty five and I tell Dad I was pretty sure I heard her drop. After about a 100 yds of a good blood trail Dad says we should come back in the morn but I wanted to push on... after 300 we finally decided to come check at a later time, the next morning. Tracked her for another 100yds and finally saw my last drop of blood in this thicket-that was it for her.

Dad saw the doe chasing the buck this night also, a nice eight=no shot

The next day I decided to try the corn spot where the place was loaded with tracks-not a deer

Dad tells me he shot one so I could over a little later, we check the arrow-no blood- lots of hair- a tiny blood trail for thirty yards but the deer was just grazed

Later that day we do a lot of walking around to see whats up-I jumped a MONSTER ten but didn't have my bow and it jsut came out of a ditch!!!

Besides that we didn't see many more, good hunting- shoot straight Wink

A long weekend of deer hunting-late report-deer shot! 1024091742
A long weekend of deer hunting-late report-deer shot! 1101091406
A long weekend of deer hunting-late report-deer shot! 1101091408
^Big buck stopped at the top of the hill^
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: A long weekend of deer hunting-late report-deer shot!

Post by saugeye1 Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:30 pm

great job, u got u some freezer meat
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Lol I know I made it sound like I got one, but I really jsut lost the blood trail after 400yds
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tod Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:24 am

Nice story you'll get'em
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down