Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Saw Some Deer!!!!!!!

Go down

Hunting Finally Saw Some Deer!!!!!!!

Post by OhioFisher Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Well the rut has turned on in Sw Ohio. I Hunted saturday night and didn' see a thing besides muskrats in the pond next to me... Also had a squrriel try to climb my teee. Could have touched the dumb lil thing.
Sunday morning there was another hunter in the area so I ried to stay a bit away from him on an open field. It was very cold and he must of been felling it... He left after the first hour. I wasn't seeing anything either so I decided to move to a spot jus in the woods a bit. I have never moved before while bow hunting but this time it payed off! It wasn't five minutes until a small 5pt. buck walks about 25yds from me. Not a shooter so I wasn't worried. After this came a small 7 or 8 pt. he was on the same trail the 5pter was was really my size either tried to call him closer jus for fun... He wasn't hearing it. This buck came about 15 or 20 minutes after the first around 8:00. As I was watching this deer I noticed he kept looking behind me so I turn and not too far away is a small VERY ODD looking spiker buck. Weirdest deer I've deer seen, musta had a genetic mutation or something because it had 4 2in. antlers coming directly out of its head. It was very dumb Dad saw it once in the morn also and in that eve. Eventually these deer part was and 30 min. later comes 3 does who wind me and hop away.

Come back later that eve-A small does comes up acts a little funny walks around me at about 15yds.had many easy shots at her. I also had shots at that weird spike buck btw. Anyways while she is around the smae 5 pter comes up they walk around a little then disappear. All in all a great weekend.
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down