Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone else ready for big cats?

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors Is anyone else ready for big cats?

Post by katfish Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:28 pm

I spooled up ultra light reels yesterday. I may have to catch some bluegill and crappie before the flathead start. After that they become bait gathering devices Very Happy

I also spooled 2 channel cat reels. I got some #1 kahle hooks snelled on to see how I like them for channel cats.

I got new line for my flathead reels. Its still early but I will get ready. I'd like to find this flathead again. I hope he stayed where I released him Wink

Is anyone else ready for big cats? 61size

The lakes are still frozen but the bays that are thawed now will be my first targets.
They will have the warmest water.

I drove around Salt Fork yesterday. I decided I may try by the ranger station first since that water warms early.
katfish
katfish
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Is anyone else ready for big cats?

Post by OhioFisher Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Salt fork is a good flattie spot eh? I plan on going in July
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:58 am

oh man I cant wait to get into some cats!!
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Torres Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:27 pm

Yea I got my gear out, pulled out the boat im itchen to go !! I've been out over here try ing to catch bait no luck shad blue gills nothing . I gave up and went bought some shrimp. We have icebreaker at Findley lake on 27th im mentally allready fishing!!
Nathaniel Torres
Nathaniel Torres
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah, I have to agree that catfish are my first love and I can't wait to latch into some big fat flatties. I have been picking up a few nice channels at Lake Snowden while crappie fishing with minnows. No monsters but had one at 6+ pounds the other evening. Good fun on the crappie rods for sure! I have everything ready to go just need at least 55-60 degrees to get going.
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down