Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Cats of the year-Portage

3 posters

Go down

Fishing First Cats of the year-Portage

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 pm

pimpinfisherman and I hit the water of the portage below the house today. It was our first cattin trip of the year... really the only thing thats biting around here. The water was very clear and low but hopes were high... We got the spot cleared from flood debris and it wasn't five minutes from the first line in we got the first bite.
First Cats of the year-Portage 103-3
As you can see facing south in the pic, we had a very calm N wind as only the south wind picked right up around 6 for a while

So after I got all the cattin rods in I decided to try my little bluegilln pole, I tried some laydowns form crappie then decided to just toss er out, wasn't long and got this fighter Smile
First Cats of the year-Portage 104-2

Then (pimp) Kevon tried our gobie hole and only managed to drop the spool in the water Laughing got that fixed, I caught another channel
First Cats of the year-Portage 107-1

bite bite bite!!!! Kevon got this one, always seems his fish are just a tad bigger?
First Cats of the year-Portage 108-1

Double time!!!! gill and bully!!! That was nice Smile
First Cats of the year-Portage 109

Kept workin on our spots, fishing slowed some but then got another double and almost triple... Missed quite a few bites today-still fun!!!!
First Cats of the year-Portage 111

VIDEOS-Nothin' Special

First Cats of the year-Portage Th_106-1
First Cats of the year-Portage Th_110

Last edited by OhioFisher on Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: First Cats of the year-Portage

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 pm

what the heck is all over that cat
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:52 pm

cats should be really coming on now. great pics. keep after them, the big ones will be movin in shortly. warmed up a little this evening and wind died down quite a bit, bet that made for nice fishing. kim, elliott, and i are off for some crappie tomorrow while wyatt is in school. we'll report back. keep fishin!!!
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Lol, they fall on the ground sometimes... It's just little sticks and weeds that stick to the slimy skin Smile It falls off as soon as they hit the water
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down