Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portage River Cats

Go down

Fishing Portage River Cats

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Set out today before the rain on the first trip of the year on the Portage River. It didnt take long after we got goin for the channels to start biting! We fished for about a half hour and got 6 channels who were realesed. One being a pretty nice one which I didn't measure Big Fish. The water was down and clear but it started to rain then we left. Hopefully it doesnt get to bad Smile
Kevon on the bike-ready to leave Smile
Portage River Cats 0327081538a
Pic of the cats : Fish
Portage River Cats Dscf0814

Last edited by OhioFisher on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing More Friday and Today

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Went fishing Friday and today for the cats. They were biting good! Caught 6 cats Friday 4 channels 2 bulls. 2 roughies a common carp and a buffalo. 8 all together-pretty fun for the amount of time we stayed. Then today ended up with 16 channels and 1 bullhead all together 17 and it was fast! Got 2 fish on the first pole in the water b4 I could get a second in! Cooked some hot dogs up and ate them while we were fishing. It's getting good soon the big ones will be around! All fish released kept on stringer for pic Big Fish Wink
Portage River Cats Carpin11
Portage River Cats 03280810
Portage River Cats Digi_f10
Portage River Cats Digi_f11
Portage River Cats Digi_f12
Even got Kevon fishing today Smile
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Today Catfishing AND Rare Catch

Post by OhioFisher Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:21 pm

It has been beautiful the last 2 days but I haven't got anyone to go fishing with me! So today was so nice I decided to head down by myself. Another nice day water going down and clear skies. sunny Got down there and it only took five minutes to get the 2 biggest fish on the stringer that I would get all day. After these I get a good bite after I missed about 10 Embarassed Set the hook-GOLDFISH! Big Fish at 13inches! That made my trip! Got Dad to come take some pics all together ended up with 2 bullhead 13 channels and the one GOLDFISH! Worms were the ticket to catch these small cats pirat
Portage River Cats Digi_f14
Portage River Cats Digi_f15
Portage River Cats Digi_f16

Last edited by OhioFisher on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Portage River Cats

Post by OhioFisher Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Went night fishing yesterday. It was tough after the lantern went out and we couldn't start a fire due to rain. I ended up catching 5. I am entering these on a fishing tournament at http://fishing-headquarters.com Pics-
Portage River Cats DigiFishpics2052
Portage River Cats DigiFishpics2051
Portage River Cats DigiFishpics2055
Portage River Cats DigiFishpics2053
Portage River Cats DigiFishpics2054
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:18 pm

Cattin This Evening:
Got down to the river at about 4:30 with beautiful skies above. As soon as I got the first pole in the wateer i musta hit one in the head b.c I caught the first one about 30 sec. into fishing! After this O.K. sized one the most were very small until dusk when I got a bullhead and some decent channels. Got one I named Earl he's in my fish tank now Smile Should have an extra bullhead but I dropped it Embarassed All fish were on worms. {18-17channels and 1 bully}
Portage River Cats Digi_f21
Earl Big Fish Smile
Portage River Cats Digi_f22
We all know Dad has to be in a pic...
Portage River Cats Digi_f23
(Hes the only one who can get a fire started for hotdogs Wink)
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down