Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

last weekend 2 birds down

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors last weekend 2 birds down

Post by kprice5 Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Got out in the woods with my girlfriend and dad around 5 30AM. Dad had never shot a bird before so he was first in line to shoot, and I was supposed to just call. There had to be at least 20 + birds gobbling all around us. Figured it was going to be easy, but I had alot of hens calling back and forth to me so I knew the gobblers had hens with them. Around 7 30AM 3 jakes came running in at my decoys directly behind us. I was behind my dad so he had no shot so I ended up shooting the first bird. I tagged my bird, and checked it in, and we were able to get back into the woods by ten. Set up in the same spot and after a few Kyle cackle's with the box call, we had 2 beautiful gobblers fanned out in the field. Dad took the shot at 30 yards and dropped it for good. Even though it was a perfect day of hunting my girlfriend has decided she hates hunting lol and is retired
Next day I took my dads buddy out, and we heard 5 gobbles early, then it just died at day light. Gobbles were far off in the distance. What a difference a day makes. I had a hen calling back, but she would not come out. Ill be able to hunt not this weekend but the next with my dads buddy again. Hopefully I can get him one. Pictures coming soon. They are all on my dads camera so I have to wait to go home before I can upload them.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: last weekend 2 birds down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:23 pm

Wow that sounds like a sweet hunt, I want one!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat May 01, 2010 12:01 pm

great hunt, wheres the pics?
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun May 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Coming soon lol I have to finish my exams up here in Toledo then im home for the summer. Pictures are back home on my dads camera. Nothing to exciting just an average jake for me haha
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun May 09, 2010 8:29 am

Well here are all the pictures that were taken from me and my Dads double. Sorry pictures are not that good, but we were in a pretty big hurry to get the birds checked in before the rain. Bigger bird is my dads and the jake is mine. We weighed it at 25lbs on a scale that could be off because the bird was only 2 years old. Jake weighed 16lbs... I called in both birds, hopefully my dad learned alil hahaha
last weekend 2 birds down 099
last weekend 2 birds down 055
last weekend 2 birds down 057
last weekend 2 birds down 100
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun May 09, 2010 10:28 am

great birds, congrats
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun May 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Nice job, I need to get better at calling
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun May 09, 2010 10:39 pm

box call works best for me. Listen to a youtube video on how to do a cackle. Has worked the past 6 years for me lol
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down