Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice Perch On the Bay

3 posters

Go down

Fishing Ice Perch On the Bay

Post by OhioFisher Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Out of whites landing, ice is a little sketchy and will be worse by tomoro but I've been getting 20 about every moring, avg seven inches on minnows
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Ice Perch On the Bay

Post by Toledo788 Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey,
I am new to the forum and new to ice fishing as well. I live in Toledo (probably could tell by the name) and am looking for some info and locations to get me started. Do you have any info on how to get to whites landing from toledo, where to pick up bait, where to park, etc.
Thanks in advance for any input
Toledo788
Toledo788
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by overcheck Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:52 am

Hey how ya doing. The first time I ice fished whites was in the early 80's. Let me tell ya it is no place for beginers.My advice to you is go with someone who knows the area and is a seasoned ice fisherman. Welcome!
overcheck
overcheck
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:30 am

Yes the springs opened up yesterday but the morning bite is was still decent.

A good place (only) place is "the cove inn" off Co. road 290 I think. It costs five bucks. minnows and waxies can be bought at herbs sportsmans supply off 53 in catawba and at bayview bait which is closer to whites landing, the fishing spot but I have never been there, just google it.

Good luck!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down