Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring trolling on Erie

3 posters

Go down

Fishing Spring trolling on Erie

Post by Tod Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Last weekend Mark and I had a chance to fish Lake Erie on a friends boat (FishonAJ) that lives in Ohio, all we had to do is get there. Friday after work we headed east for Port Clinton and found a place to rest, some what close (10 miles) from the lunch. Lost of fishers + the FLW was in town rooms were hard to find.

We got on the lake and headed towards fish makers D & C where would be trolling reef-runners behind boards. At 4pm a slight breeze blew from the south and with in ten minutes we had 3-5 footers that made boat control difficult so we called it a day with 4 fish sort of our 3 man limit. The ride in from 8 miles out was a slow one not being able to go faster that 10 mph.

Sunday was a much better day as the winds died down but the temps dropped. We Lunch 35 miles to the east and went to fish deeper water in hopes of landing bigger fish and it did pay off but we fell 2 fish sort of our 3 man limit of 12.
Sunday's big fish was 28'' with 4 more over 25''
Hot bait was a Bare Naked Lady 50' back & 70' out!

This is what took place on AJ's Lund with the 225 opti max.
Spring trolling on Erie Th_SMAL1
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Spring trolling on Erie

Post by OhioFisher Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:14 pm

dad got them on I think Thursday...
He fished crib reef and caught 2 eyes and tore up the smallies after he ran out of minnos. He used a blade...
Good report and Thank You for posting
Nice Slideshow too!
Spring trolling on Erie DidgiFishPics3049
Spring trolling on Erie DidgiFishPics3048
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by FISHONAJ Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Looks like someone else got into some smallmouth Cool I released mine to be caught another day. Thanks for putting up the cool slide show Tod Very Happy

AJ
FISHONAJ
FISHONAJ
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:38 pm

Well they were released.. Just in a private pond to keep the bluegill pop. in check....... I know I know lol
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down