Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ Trip 20th+

3 posters

Go down

Fishing CJ Trip 20th+

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:07 pm

With high hopes this weekend from the good reports, I was ready with new pull cord and all. I got an early start Saturday morning being on the water a 6:00am wasn't too long until I hooked this guy.
I got another cat and some crappies jigging the roadbed. The water was stained and warm 75deg.
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3166
After I got bored at the roadbed I moved to campgrounds point. Here I did one drift and pulled a shorty by the pack. I decided to troll and I did with bottom bouncers. I went up and down the river channel and just in a few good spots. Only thing I got were so crappies-on worms! and this nice pumpkinseed! It was getting late so I went to the dam and threw the shoreline with a jig. Tore up the crappies but the were all small I kept a few 10in. though. I also got this whitebass who slammed a jig in high gear just with my line out the back. Oh and this green sunfish who was pretty chunky!
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3167
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3170
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3169
After the dam I went back to "the community hole" and only got a crappie and a catfish. So into the marina I went with an approaching storm. Which I was informed by skink who's friend pulled 2 nice eyes. I got some crappie at the marina one keeper only. I gave my fish away and was done for awhile.
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3175
Here was the fun part watching the boat launch during a big storm. It was cool it watch all the boats bumping and guys yelling. Lower units dragging. Very Happy:D:D:D:D The pics tell the stories.
Before
CJ Trip 20th+ 0621081658a
During
CJ Trip 20th+ 0621081703a
CJ Trip 20th+ 0621081702a
After (One other boat on the lake besides me Smile)
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3174
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3173
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3172
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3171
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3176
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3177
After the storm I trolled alot but didn't get much only this nice gill and of course crappies.
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3168
Then after dark my cuz wanted to try for some cats who weren't biting anywhere! Only got this lil bullhead at the ramp. A got some crappies here too lol.
CJ Trip 20th+ 0621082330a
Then this Sunday morning I slept in being tired from fishing the day before. I jigged only got cats and then trolled and caught quite a few crappies on these wiggle warts. I was happy.
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3178
CJ Trip 20th+ DidgiFishPics3179
The whole weekend was slow but fun in ways. I like being out and relaxing. I just hope someday I'll get that keeper in the boat...
CYAS
OHF
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: CJ Trip 20th+

Post by sknick Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:11 pm

We left before the storms rolled in. Ended up with 2eyes, 1 WB and a crappie.
sknick
sknick
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: CJ Trip 20th+

Post by pimpinfisherman Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:14 pm

looks like fun i will see if i can go next weekend x2
cheers
also looks like a crazy time at the ramp
pimpinfisherman
pimpinfisherman