Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun Fun!! Mad River Trip

3 posters

Go down

Fishing Fun Fun!! Mad River Trip

Post by OhioFisher Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:50 pm

Brought pimpinfisherman (Kevon) down to springtucky this time and after going through the CJ drama, hopes were not high for fishing on this Saturday but the old man recommended the Mad River. We wanted to head to West Liberty being that was the only area I knew very much.. but Mom wasn't driving that far so we decided to stay around home.
Got there at around 2:30-3 and the only ones around... Walked right under the bridge and BAM fish everywhere, of course not trout but suckers and chubs. It wasn't long before pimpinfisherman was up on me 2 to zero!!
Fun Fun!! Mad River Trip Image0122
Then I got my but in gear lol and got some he got some more, I even managed a shiner!! and he got a sucker!!! mostly small creek chubs though with some small horned ones thrown in also.
Fun Fun!! Mad River Trip Image0132
After the hot n heavy fishing slowed down which seems impossible as you can see hundreds of fish in the hole we moved up and a 1/2 mile later was a pretty big hole and log jam and bend in the river... You don't see that much down here unlike west liberty.... It took some time but I finally found a producing spot on waxworms, we fished here until 5:30 or so catching I'd say around thirty chubs... Kev also was a spotter for me in the tree Smile
Fun Fun!! Mad River Trip Image0142
Fun Fun!! Mad River Trip Image015-1
After that we came back to the bridge fished around and never caught another fish!!!!!
We saved a few chubs throughout the day and released them in a stream near our house-can only hope for the best Smile
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Fun Fun!! Mad River Trip

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:24 am

you need to fish that bridge in november. we used to catch 18" browns under there about 10 years ago. they make a spawning run right around then, even though they say they don't spawn.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:14 am

I'll remeber that!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Secret spot... code name.."bait bucket." Nice job getting out guys! I'm still planning on going down there before too long... I'll stick to Urbana northward as the ratio of trout to suckers is a little better. A great place to get suckers and chub is in Kingscreek, tons of them in that creek!

Last edited by ratherbefishing on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down