Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hocking River Float Trip

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors Hocking River Float Trip

Post by kmjschulz Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:39 pm

Just got home from a 8 hour float trip with Jim(Saugeye1) on the Hocking River. We floated from the Plains to West Union Park in Athens. He caught 3 smallies and i caught 2 with the biggest being about 17 1/2 inches long. I did bring a camera just to find out the first time i tried to use it that the batteries were dead even though i charged it for 2 days! The 2 i caught were on a rebel craw and a tube. The 3 Jim caught were all caught on a black and blue bitsy bug jig with pork trailer. We had to rush through a little at the end cause we both were tired but all in all it beats being skunked and we had a fun and interesting day.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Hocking River Float Trip

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 pm

SWEETNESSS!!!!!!
That sure is a Big Fish
Too bad the camera batteries went bad...
Still that is one great sounding day!
Thank You for the report

Was it cold?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Yea it was def. chilly when we started but by the end of the day we both had sunburns. We got out and waded a couple times and that water was pretty cold i could feel it through my waders. It seemed like the smallies were relating to rock everytime we caught a fish it was around rocks.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:12 pm

cool trip. was really cool this morning, but warmed up nice around noon. monster fish you got though, bet that was fun.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:16 pm

great time with new friend and fishin buddy, can't wait to hook up and meet some more friends and do some fishin, it's funny how u can go fishin with someone u never met before and have an awesome time doing it.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye2 Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 am

Glad you guys had a good time. Nice fish to! eye1...where was your camera at when you needed it!
saugeye2
saugeye2
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:22 pm

yea i know, hate to take expensive camera on float trip, seems like things always gets wet and muddy. 1 sweatshirt, 1 jacket, and of course 1 muddy tackle bag. thats the way it goes though, would not have it any other way.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down