Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

""ODD"" Fall Bite

2 posters

Go down

Question ""ODD"" Fall Bite

Post by tcba1987 Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Fished the Tusc River with my dad last night for 6 hours in the TCBA catfish tournament.......we had live bluegills and creek chubs........we also had cut creek chubs and bluegills and we had ONE run in the 6 hours of fishing time.........the Tusc has been that way since about October 1rst.........lots of hours fishing for very few bites...........weve even tried chicken livers to get a few channel cats and nothing is working right now for us ..........has anyone else ran into a extremely tough bite so far this Fall season ?? i usually catch alot of channel cats and flatties all through October and even late into November........im just trying to figure out why the bite has been so tough ?? even the turtles quit biting .............i had rods in for almost 3 hours straight last night and none of them even moved they had the same baits on them when i reeled them in to check them.............ANY ADVICE ??? The water levels have been extremely low for about a month or so now could that be the problem........i mean the fish still have to eat right ??
tcba1987
tcba1987
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Question Re: ""ODD"" Fall Bite

Post by downtime Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 pm

I've landed more cats this year on red jigs tipped with a minnow jigging than anything else this year at Indian Lake and CJ Brown.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down