Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics

Go down

Fishing Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics

Post by OhioFisher Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Well Friday night I got the boat ready (Which needs a name) Got the sweet trolling set up (4 lines on a 12ft. boat) and she was ready to go.
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 005-2
Headed out saturday morning got fishing around 7:45 and it wasn't long until I had a good crappie on the boards. Black and chrome hot n tot
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 006-1
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 007-1
Next came a couple more crappie which were reeled in from a snag on the boards. Both hit hot n tots.
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 010-1
I started getting into the flow so the 3rd and 4th lines came out. I tried a small wally diver (Secret Color) and a 7 dollar tail dancer on the other. It wasn't 5 minutes later I got a shorty which I took a pic of and I never normally do. ITS TRUE! TAKING PICTURES OF SHORTY WALLEYES CAUSES BAD LUCK!!!!!!! You will learn later Wink Got him on the wally diver. If I can get an eye... Anybody can!
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 009-1
Anyways Got some more crappies and then on top of the "butt crack" I got a good pull back on the tail dancer and I could tell it was a walleye almost positive could have been a catfish though. Anyways I was reeling it a very good fight had the net ready and it must of been just enough line out... I got snagged somehow lost the fish and the lure! I was pissed!!!! It also broke my good tolling rod!!!!! Kept on chugging around only a crappie or two and we headed in for a break.
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 008
To get a ride. We had to leave at around 3:00 before the OSU game so at 3 everyone knows the fishing is almost always slow... I was getting snagged left and right so I decided to jig. My buddy GG was just dropping a jig and a wrom down and getting catfish like this one shown like bluegill. Just dropping it over the boat. I was getting tired of taking them off the hook because like AJ he doesn't like to take them off. Wink
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 011-1
So we decided to do some exploring... This is when it gets fun... NOT anyways driving in about 4ft. of water (had just checked it with the paddle) We hit bottom and I guess the shear pin broke. So on the phone with Dad for a half an hour got on shore to fix it. I get it fixed... It was a literal BIOTCH but for my first time doing it I think I did good! I was lucky Dad had some extras cotter pins and shear pins inside! Anyways its getting late so we get through a bunch of crap get the motor started and its running fine for about 15 seconds then it stalls! What do ya know I forgot to reconnect the fuel line! So I do it start pulling again and the recoil breaks! TALK ABOUT A BAD EVENING! I TOLD YOU SHORTY PICS WERE BAD LUCK! This sucks majorlly! So lucily the trolling motor has a full battery becasue I used the gas one all day we start going in all the way from the north end! We get about 15 min. into hand pulling and she starts up! Yay my buddy and I were screaming so much that there were people on the shore taking pictures of us! Finally we get to the dock and make it home. I guess it was ok to break on cj.. It could have been worse somewhere else! It may have to do with MARTY BERGERT's repair job he did onmy motor a while ago... Will ever know but its getting fixed and I hope to hit indian in 2 weeks and wither try here or CC with AJ hopefully a couple of fun filled weekends ahead!
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 012-1
Good Sat Morn Bad Sat Eve-No Sun :( CJ Brown Big Story and Pics 014-1
BTW one of the CALMEST days on CJ EVER!
CYA Out There
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down