Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AWESOME DAY Extra Weekend

4 posters

Go down

Hunting AWESOME DAY Extra Weekend

Post by OhioFisher Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:09 pm

With low hopes for this weekend from the past expieriences I headed to a corn pile Saturday morning. Oddly enough a nice doe walked in just after shooting time! At about 40yds it was hit and diddent run too far after "coloring" the salt block Wink At least my hopes were up but I still wanted a doe so Dad did some drives we walked down to our normal spot to find a 10pter standing on the cornpile at 1:40! So I tried to get on him as he ran away but it didn't get anywhere with that. So we decided to drive a small patch and it wasn't long till he pushed me a doe and small buck I shot at the doe shot over her back and hit a tree right by me on the buck... They ran of fine... As I was getting down to check and make sure about 2 mins later... I heard a whistle and knew there was a deer coming turns out he was running right towards me but as I was trying to get back in the stand he saw me and turned back towards Dad... He was then stuck inbetween us I couldn't really see him though this is how Dad describes it... Anyways the buck finally decides to make a run downhill through about 60 ydsof hardwoods and accross an open field and about 150yds out through that I shot and he he sagged and about 10 yds he was in some brush. Nice 7pt. buck I was happy for sure and fr this being a tough year-VERY SATISFIED! Awesome weekend for me-guess I was saving up!
AWESOME DAY Extra Weekend 002
AWESOME DAY Extra Weekend 1221080955a
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: AWESOME DAY Extra Weekend

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:18 pm

good job. cONGRATS. NICE LOOKING BUCK.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig