Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pheasant and Quail Hunting

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors Pheasant and Quail Hunting

Post by Flathead King 06 Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 pm

Went last weekend with the family to Fairchild's game reserve in West Liberty... It was pretty nice all in all... We had 8 pheasants turned loose and already purchased 40 quail elsewhere and turned them loose too... It was more less a training experience for my uncle's two english setters being they are only 7 months old and their 3rd time out hunting with us... We killed all the birds except 1 rooster which kept flying up on us before the dogs could point it, but it was ok... weather was poor with off and on freezing drizzle but it wasn't too bad

I would recommend them to anyone in the area if you're looking for a place where you can go and kill birds who doesnt have much experience with public land bird hunting (there are no birds left on public land anymore), you do have to call and schedule your hunt (call as early in the year as possible seeing how most weekends are almost always booked) and you also have to bring your own dog to hunt over... Prices may seem a bit high at $15.00 a pheasant with a minimum of 4 birds to purchase, but calling to other game reserves you will find they charge around $20.00 or more per bird...

If you would like anymore info on contacting them just send me a pm
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Pheasant and Quail Hunting

Post by Tod Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:00 am

That's some good info and 15 per bird in not bad at all. Sniper
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4