Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

freezing cold...lots of moving

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors freezing cold...lots of moving

Post by bugeyedjig Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:00 pm

didn't go this morning too cold. got out this afternoon instead. fished from 1;30 to 4 pm. brought home 15 keeper bluegills. had to do alot of moving to do it. after the perch problem yesterday, i switched to jigging spoon and rapala minnow. started out with no fish from hole to hole. moved about 15 feet between holes and fished 6 feet down to bottom. finally i hit some fish..deep... and on the silver spoon(it's a 3/4 inch daredevil with the paint taken off so it is just silver) big 8 inch bluegill. and that is how the rest of the day went. 8 inch bluegills inhaling the spoon. most of them swallowed it. got 1 15 inch bass on the rapala. that was fun, but no perch which is what i was really after. 1 small job in the morning and then back on the ice. i fear saturday with the rain..maybe it'll change to snow and stay around 30. i'm hooked now and would like a whole week more atleast. Sad Crying or Very sad
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: freezing cold...lots of moving

Post by Flathead King 06 Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:52 pm

glad to hear you got into them... thanks for posting... seems like you really got into the fish this year on the ice...

its pouring the snow here right now, 12 degree air temps with around 2-4 degree wind chiils... this will help with the ice, but it is supposed to be 43 by friday, 53 saturday, and then staying in the mid to upper 40s for next week... Crying or Very sad so I dont think the ice will be here too much longer in my area
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:54 pm

todays catch and some pics of yesterday's too.freezing cold...lots of moving Img_2010freezing cold...lots of moving Img_2011freezing cold...lots of moving Img_2012freezing cold...lots of moving Img_2013
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:55 pm

Nice Fish and Report!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm

great fish... glad to see your boys appreciate the outdoors... it seems that it declines each year with the number of younger outdoorsmen everywhere you go... sad, but true
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by slugo Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:06 pm

Nice mess of Gills there Smile
slugo
slugo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman