Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

catfishing bobbers

+2
ratherbefishing
bugeyedjig
6 posters

Go down

Outdoors catfishing bobbers

Post by bugeyedjig Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 pm

we used to use the billy boy stick slip bobbers about 8 or 10 inches tall, but you get some wind and a little current in a different direction and they twist up the line and raise the bait , so i switched us to these....size of a baseball and can hold up a 4 ounce sinker and a fist size of liver . our cats suspend mostly at 10-12 feet so a bobber is necessary to catch very many quarry is too deep for bottom fishing except for a few spots. i usually electrical tape on a glow stick and throw it out into the zone.....catfishing bobbers Img_2023..was trying to stay calm and not think too much about fishing or get anything out yet, but i don't think i can anymore....this has me thinking.ruined again Very Happy
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: catfishing bobbers

Post by ratherbefishing Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:13 pm

Looks like a marker bouy
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:18 pm

will keep the barges from running aground
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Good thinking, safety first!
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:36 pm

ratherbefishing wrote:Good thinking, safety first!

If you fall in... just swim to it and climb aboard!!! That's one massive round bobber!!!

@Bugeyedjig-

We always use Billy Boy, Super Floats, High Viz Floats, and Balsa Hand Carved Floats and have never had any problems with them twisting line and raising the baits except when we fished the bottom with them... and of course when you cast out sometimes (the bait spirals up around the float and main line in the air while casting out and tangles up)... With store bought balsa floats, you can generally hold up about an ounce of weight plus your bait... but for larger amounts of weight, I have switched to homemade pool noodle floats that a buddy has come up with... Pool Noodle Catfish Floats
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by slugo Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:07 am

WOW those must be some monster cats because if they are not they will feel that bouy and spit it out
slugo
slugo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Looks good to me Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator