Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Lake 3/7/2009

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors Indian Lake 3/7/2009

Post by ratherbefishing Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:22 pm

A lot of people fishing at Blackhawk, Moundwood, and along the south bank.... boat show weekend probably has something to do with the disproportionate number of people to the number of fish being caught.
Saugeye were slooooow today to say the least... about a dozen or so from Blackhawk channel in the 3 hours we were there... none of which fell to my lures...
Then about another 2-3 at Moundwood... again none for me....
They should turn on pretty well in the next couple of weeks, but as for right now... if you live more than 10-15 minutes away, don't bother.
Won't be long though!
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Indian Lake 3/7/2009

Post by saugeye1 Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:28 pm

great day to be out and get a line wet.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:40 pm

Sounds like fun,
Too bad ya didn't get hit Sad
What were ya using?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:33 am

Vib"e" silver, silver and blue... Twister Tails... chart/pink.. 1/8oz. heads, and threw a few tipped with minnows. Had 1 hit...all day. My wife's uncle had a big one up on the bank, but it came off. There were a few coming in... all of us there were using the same stuff. It's your basic Indian Lake Rig.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:01 am

u ever try 1/4oz dardevle spoons,not many use over this way, gives a diff look sometimes.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:44 pm

The guys I was fishing with yesterday used a spoon for a while... I think it's important to show them something different.... especially at Indian where they see the same rig year after year.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:43 pm

same here same rig year after year,not to many use spoons this way,talkin with my brother today said he use to slay them on 1/8 oz tiny trap, i'm not sure if u can even find them anymore
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:10 pm

I agree with you guys on switching it up, I think that is an underused tactic Question
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:14 pm

I troll along the south bank/dream bridge with the elec. motor and worm harness, do ok. And jig the holes with spoons & jig heads with some luck. Hope to make it up to Lndian in the next coupe of weeks
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Good luck DT I hope you have better luck from the boat than we've had from shore. It'll start picking up pretty good before too long.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:00 pm

I hope so soon, if I have to I'll hit it after work just to run the motor & wet a line before heading to Norris Lake I will , but I really want to go on a Saturday to get some time in.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:44 pm

what do you guys normally use for walleye when fishing from shore? The lake I fish at, medina lake has supposedly been stocked with walleye for a few years now. I have no idea how to catch em from shore other than night crawler on the bottom or dragging a shinner on the bottom
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:26 pm

same tactics as Saugeye pretty much... as far as bank fishing goes... we catch both from the bank, and they have become pretty much interchangable terms in the last few years. I think everybody thinks they're only catching saugeye when they actually catch a combination of the two in the same stretch of water at the same time.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down