Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tappan Lake 3-10

3 posters

Go down

Good Tappan Lake 3-10

Post by tcba1987 Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Dad stopped by and wanted to run out to Tappan and try for some shad with the cast net and see if the cats would bite for us. Well we found a few shad (30 or so) and we found a few channel cats too. I ended up catching 4 channel cats (the biggest about 2 1/2 lbs) and dad landed 2 channels about 1 1/2 lbs each................all of them hit on fresh cut shad and HAMMERED it !!!

it was nice to get my first cat of the year and dad got his first of the year and they were on his new reel too !!

The bass are hitting too ...........we talked to a guy in a boat who had caught over 10 and while we could see him he caught at least 4-5 more !!! All of his fish came on a green colored 4 inch tube bait rigged on a weedless tube jig head !!!
tcba1987
tcba1987
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Good Re: Tappan Lake 3-10

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:37 am

glad to see u finally got your first cats of the year. Laughing
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Good Report!!
Trying for bass next time?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by tcba1987 Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:40 pm

fished Tappan again tonight with dad and two of my buddies chuck and kc !! the bite was alittle slower but the fish were alittle bigger !!! Dad landed 4 channel cats between 2 - 2 1/2 lb..............i landed 2 cats....... one 2 lbs and one 3 1/2 lbs.................KC landed his first cat of the year (2 lbs) .............and Chuck landed the big cat of the night (4 1/2 lbs). all of the fish were caught on cut shad !!!

It was freezing cold tonight and the wind was bad but the fish didnt seem to mind too much !!!
tcba1987
tcba1987
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by tcba1987 Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 pm

i may be trying for some bass out there soon !!!
tcba1987
tcba1987
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down