Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!!

2 posters

Go down

Hunting YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!!

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:37 pm

Dad walked a woods we hunt yearly with a bow and managed to step on and find spike antler which you will see in the pics isn't much too get excited about but still cool! He also did alot of work around the woods improving spots and even managed to find a GREAT spot that no one else is hunting! I was unable to get to my secret shed spot, but the sheds we found were untouched except for one so I'll try and look next time I'm around.

Then today, Sunday, we looked at a spot that almost always produces some fun, it did! Dad spotted a shed A NICE one at that only about five mintues into walking.
YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!! Image013

Not too far away from the house we keep spotting beds, fur, droppings and I walk ahead and jump a deer and turns out Dad found one with six on one side... It would have had six but it was old and chewed on a bit... It wasn't even big?

After this we finally saw some deer... After i juped the one I oticed 4 jump up and head for the pines, we pretty much had em cornered so we kept chugging on no more antlers but knew deer were ahead! We pushed they jumped around, some within bow range almost just playing with us. I saw about 20 while Dad closer to the main herd counted 35. This was fun they were just everyhere for about 10 minutes... We wouldn't see much after this.
YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!! Image014
I tried to get a picture, The deer are there you might have to lookhard though Wink

Next we almost re-traced our steps but swiping a new trail abit north. Made it to the swamp and it runs along a cool creek. Here Dad and I split up and it wasn't long and stumbled onto last years untouched forker Smile FIRST OF THE YEAR!
YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!! Image017
YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!! Image018
YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!! Image020
I found a hole in the creek loaded with chubs, suckers, and a yellow perch? Pretty cool!!!

Kept walking, quite a bit ended the day at 2:00 with 4 sheds for the weekend!!! Rewarding!! Yeah, I'll say Wink
YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!! Image021
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: YAY Sheds!!! 35 Deer!!!

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:30 pm

4 sheds, pretty good day. should have your cane pole with ya for the creek.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down