Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good day with my son

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors Good day with my son

Post by kmjschulz Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Went to a local pond right across the road from Lake Snowden today after i got home from work with my 3 year old and he enjoyed the hell out of it. Caught over 30 bluegill and a couple bass. I hate bluegill fishing to be honest but i was doing it mainly for him. Of course it was an adventure in itself fishing and having to keep up with him at the same time.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Good day with my son

Post by bugeyedjig Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:26 pm

good catch. the kids make it a blast most of the time. we always take a bag of trucks, and a pair of pliers for each every trip for when they get tired of fishing. the trucks are fun in the dirt and the pliers are for breaking every stick they can find. it's always an adventure. bluegills are an asset with the little ones, never a dull moment.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Yea thats a good idea, it seems like everything you tell em to do they do the opposite. He wouldn't reel the line in when i told him so i tried telling him don't reel it in and what do ya know reverse psychology worked a couple times hes hard headed just like his dad don't like to take orders.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm

kmj u talkin about the pond at kenny memorial churh, always wanted to fish it but never have. great job on bluegill, i take the time to let my granduaghter catch some fish, enjoy it as much as catching em myself, she like to hold every fish and throw em back.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Yea if you're talking about the weslyan church (hope i spelled that right) thats the one. Well theres actually 2 of em i've never fished the one right by the road because i was told it wasn't as good as the one up on the hill. Somebody told me they catch 5 lb bass out of the one on the hill so of course i had to check it out. Theres a sign there that says catch and release so they don't let you keep them even though i never keep bass anyway. Just started fishing there this year myself so it was only like my 3rd time haven't caught any big bass out of it yet just dinks but plenty of decent sized bluegill.
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:30 am

doesn't it just make you feel great to know that you can take your kid fishing. They love it whether they're biting or not, it doesn't matter... I take my daughter ot my in-laws' pond and she calls it the ocean... she's 2 and she reeled in her first bluegill the other day.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:43 am

congrats on her first bluegill, she's hooked now, kmj those are the ponds i'm talkin about.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:13 am

Can't believe I missed this post!!!
Good day with your son for sure!!!
I can remember when I was young, I lved that so much!!!
Thanks for sharing!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down