Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

morning hunt

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors morning hunt

Post by saugeye1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:36 pm

nice morning to be out today, thought we had one going, gobbled his head off on the roost, then nothing,figured henned up. then at 1030 was able to strike a gobble, then i thought it was on. WRONG,that was the only gobble he made. but it was a beautiful day to be in the woods.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: morning hunt

Post by kmjschulz Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:12 pm

Yea it def. was a nice day today, wish i wasn't so tied up with other stuff today. It probably just felt good to get out there huh?
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:37 pm

yes it was, been trying to get my buddys boy a turk for the last couple of years, their just not cooperating.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:11 am

went to do a water heater repair yesterday morning in the country and saw a turkey about 30 feet from the road by a small circle of trees in a field , so i pulled over, jumped out of the truck with my knife. gobbled twice and he looked at me. stuck his tongue out and that did it..the chase was on. i ran like the wind and would have caught him too, if he wouldn't have went up a small tree. i stood at the bottom of it and called him names, but he wouldn't come down to fight so rather than look too stupid, i left. Laughing no i didn't , but i did see a turkey there. pretty cool. been a couple of years since i 've seen one. this is what i told the boys i did. little kids think your so cool when you tell them a good story!
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:41 am

good story Very Happy
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:10 pm

wow thats weird you could not get em to come in... sometimes there just not in the mood I guess. Ill be out saturday morning. I wonder how johnny did?
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:34 pm

sometimes those public land birds just won't cooperate
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Lol i'm a little busy now but later today I'll have my report

We had 3 gobblers within 20yds but the damn brush was too thick to even see em!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:59 pm

it's starting to green up pretty good down south, hopefully not for a couplreof more weeks here
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down