Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perch on fire

4 posters

Go down

Fishing Perch on fire

Post by OhioFisher Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Every drop 41ft. of Kelleys airport
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Perch on fire

Post by rogue Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 am

I heard that area has been good for a wile now , is there any size to them ? Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:51 pm

Cool hope they are there this Friday. I have been scouting the waters for you Jonny, and I think the weather had something to do with it but I didn't do very good on the bass, or cats. Gone Fishing
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:10 pm

Ah ic, thats no good Sad
But thanks

They will be there

Got em again today 10lbs for 50 nice fish
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:01 pm

Well I made it out there this a.m and went straight for the airport at Kelly's. We hit 40 fow and fished for a while with only a Whitebass to show for it. Embarassed There were no boats when we first got there and then it was like someone opened the flood gates. I think maybe the fog in some areas may have held people in a little longer today. Anyways we decided to move and headed for the lighthouse off of Marblehead. We ended up in between the lighthouse and the corner of Kellys in 35 fow and got into them pretty good. There were a lot of throw backs and what I call tweeners ( can't decide weather to keep them or not ). But all in all we did get out 3 man limit. Oh and by the way the minnows were really small, but the fish did not mind. We did pick up a few white ones and 2 sh#t...errr I mean fresh water drum, and 4 nice little channel cats, which I thought was strange. I'll be heading out again Saturday morning and I let you guys know how I do, and I'll try and gets some pics up tomorrow. Bob
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Lol man my buddy was in 41 today and he said they turned on at ten thirty and by noon they had one hundred!!!! And those guys can't fish!

Sorry ya didn't get em there but at least you still got em!

Thanks for the report
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Maybe the fish just didn't turn on yet? Maybe I can't fish either lol. We didn't really stay at the airport too long, my buddy was getting a little antsy. He is like a little kid sometimes. bounce
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:08 pm

idontknow316 wrote:Maybe the fish just didn't turn on yet? Maybe I can't fish either lol. We didn't really stay at the airport too long, my buddy was getting a little antsy. He is like a little kid sometimes. bounce

Yea I know how that goes!

Did you guys get EMERALD shiners? If so where?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:06 pm

We did but they were frozen, everyone over this way had goldies No
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:34 pm

Yep

We got "Spot Shiners" today THEY SUCKED

You get out?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:04 pm

It won't be long tell I get back up there to share in the harvest too , I can't wait . I got another boat today it should handle the lake alot better then my little one . Hey jonny you'll like this one it don't have a Yamaha on it yet but it will soon . I got the little one for sale so brake out some of that old dusty money you have and come down and buy it . Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Lol can't wait to see it!

Glad your gettin the yamaha too!!

Tim is havin his g sale tomoro u gunna get me deal?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:13 am

Bob we tried your spot last night

Wasn't on fire lol But I did catch one in about fifteen minutes along with a sheethhead it was a double!

Besides that the stupid spottail shiners are no good lol

--No one in Ottawa county AREA has EMERALD shiners--

A few shops have "Spotail Shiners" These are nothing to get excited about but better than golden shiners IMO

Hi-way bait has the goldens

A-N-J out by the power plant has the spots as of yesterday-if you give em a call they say emeralds-they are not

Rutie at Jeanettes said if they got one hour of clouds last night she would have EMERALDS! Idk what the cloud cover was like last night but feel free to call 419-797-2279
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:45 am

Sorry for the late reply. We did make it out again yesterday morning, but this time we went out of Huron just east of the river. Pretty much in between the beach and the river, in 29 to 30 fow. It was not as fast as the day before. Sorry you didn't have much luck there Jonny. We had frozen shiners, as well as the dumb goldies. The goldies caught maybe 10 fish all day. Mad That is why if I have left over shiners from another trip I freeze them. I have learned my lesson and now at least I always have some of the good ones. Wink. Here are some pics from the last two days. The one pic where they are all upside down, they all look dead but they are not, they were in a livewell. We were the only bass boat out there perchin. Wink We got our ticket both days.Perch on fire Image001Perch on fire Image002
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:03 am

They all look real good sized!

Since you say that I can now officially blame it on the minnows Very Happy Laughing

We also have a freezer full of frozen ones haha They just come off the hook so easy

Were they bigger at huron?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:57 am

They were mostly average, with a few jumbo's. Not anything to brag about. There were a few tiny little ones too. We strayed away from the pack. There were a pretty big pack of boats almost straight out from the river, so I would imagine they did pretty good as well.
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

nice couple of coolers full, hope u saved me some for next monday
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Oh yeah we saved you the jumbo's. Very Happy Good luck let us know how you do.
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 pm

IDN 316 nice job on the perch !!! I talked to tim at the wharf and he said that the weather hasn't been good to get emerald's but keep checking with him because he sometimes has them from day to day . When the weather is good he'll have plenty . Hope this helps (419) 734 -9002 Fishermans Whalf number . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Thanks Rogue, I hope we can get some good ones soon. Those frozen ones don't like to stay on the hook. Neutral
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down