Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring is in the air!

+3
Flathead King 06
saugeye1
saugeye2
7 posters

Go down

Outdoors Spring is in the air!

Post by saugeye2 Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:59 am

Hey everyone and SAUGEYE1 the ultimate fishing machine. I am a member of ohiogamefishing website and saw yours. Looks great, and looking foward to meeting some of you out with fishing poles in hand! I go by Nate and am a student at Hocking College campus(rio grande classes), Will be graduating in May with Bachelors of science Degree in fish and wildlife conservation and managment. You can tell by my degree what I am dedicated to and and absolutely love doing! I live outside of Logan (hocking county).Well.......come on spring I feel it!
saugeye2
saugeye2
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Spring is in the air!

Post by saugeye1 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:46 am

Nate, glad to see ya finally joined. next couple of weeks we need to start getting after those eyes.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:47 am

Pendog66? Welcome aboard... always good to see familiar faces... if you have any question just ask the mods or the admins
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Welcome! to the site!!!!!!!!!
Make yourself at home!!!
saugeye1, this is giving you a pretty good rep.. You gunna be able to keep it up??? Very Happy Laughing
CYA On The Water
BTW if you have classes in Rio Grande your gunna e-mail me some original Bob Evans food??? lol!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:29 pm

you noticed johnny he called me the ultimate fishing machine not the ultimate catchin machine!!!!!
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Outdoorsman Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:51 pm

Congrats on your soon to be degree in a great field. Im sure you can make this forum well educated. Welcome.
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye2 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:49 am

thanks again for the invites. I'm all for helping anyone with some biological questions about wildlife managment, If I cant answer the question I could surely find someone that can. Also...I'm very interested in Saugeye information fishing and research and Black Bear Management and sightings in Ohio. If ya'll have any information please keep me informed!
saugeye2
saugeye2
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 pm

Nate you need to get me a pic of that monster crappie for my photo album. you are my hero!!!!!!!!!!
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:21 pm

Nate did you order your new fishin combo last night. call let me know what u went with..
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks for the help,
Love the pic!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Nice slab! Welcome to the site... What do you know about stocking Rainbows in fall for pond management? We've been looking into it for a couple of years now and Freshwater Farms in Urbana has a listing about it on their website.. www.fwfarms.com I think is their site address. What effect might a few trophy trout have on the bass population?
Pond is about 2 acres, bluegill are becoming stunted and the bass aren't as large as they once were either. We've been pulling bluegill left and right and they're still thick.

You wanted a question and there it is! Honeymoon's over!

Good fishin'!

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 am

ratherbefishing wrote:Pond is about 2 acres, bluegill are becoming stunted and the bass aren't as large as they once were either. We've been pulling bluegill left and right and they're still thick.

If you weren't about 30 mins from me I would be more than willing to come up before a night of catfishing to help rid you of your bluegill problem lol!, but thats a pretty far drive just for bait... I stare buck creek right in the face when sitting on my porch... cant go wrong with that!
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:38 am

Hey if you just want the ribcage and head I'll give you all the bait you can handle but those fillets are mine!
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:14 am

LOL... I dont blame ya
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye2 Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:55 pm

ratherbefishing...sorry its been awhile since ive been on here. school makes it hard to find time for anything. Well it sounds like you've got to many fish in your pond if the bass and bluegill are both staying small. Putting a FEW trout would not hurt anything with a two acre pond, large enough that they would not affect population of other fish. Yes they will problaly eat along of young ones in the spring, but that would help open up the space and allow the bluegills/bass to get alittle bigger a few years down the road. Hope this helps
saugeye2
saugeye2
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tod Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:37 pm

It sure is and a few weeks early here in northern IL this week I rode the motorcycle twice to work.
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:57 pm

I'll look into it a little further, I appreciate your advice...
Trust me I understand the demands of school, I'm getting ready to start a pretty competitive masters program at Ohio State.. I've been in college since 2000, working my way through and moving around a lot.... I won't know what to do when I'm done being a career student.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye2 Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Wow a career student huh...your just testing my knowledge. just kidding. what are you studying? Believe me...natural resources is not the place to look for jobs in Ohio and sometimes being a career student sounds like its the only plan for me, but I'll just keep chugging along and maybe end up in grad school one of these days then that may lead to a job, your lucky to be at OSU by the way! Well.... hopefully the water keeps getting warmer and the fish start biting harder!
saugeye2
saugeye2
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:07 am

I'm majoring in Early Childhood Education, and I have a concentration in Social Studies.
Once the economy turns around you'll be alright.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down