Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Ice Update (I Hope)

3 posters

Go down

Good Last Ice Update (I Hope)

Post by OhioFisher Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:29 pm

We got to and I got to drive around a lil today Wink First went up to Turtle creek, fog was heavy but almost all of the ice was gone just a little bit at the end of skipjacks. The ramps were easily launchable...
Last Ice Update (I Hope) 003-1
Last Ice Update (I Hope) 004-1
Then did some looking for sheds, didin't find any... But happened to drive by Camp Perry and there were 24 deer out there (posted in campfire)
After that we headed down Lake Shore drive in pc to see some ice chunks but mainly open, portage ramp was clearly open

Then we drove up sand road along the cliffs started seeing the ice off the lookout point and it wasn't sticky flat for miles but had plenty of open leads. It didn't look thick but it wasn't an inch either...

Got to Catawba saw the ice a bit off shore maybe 25 ft. but the cove was still pretty locked up
Last Ice Update (I Hope) 011

Pebble beach/miller ferry area all had ice around but by the time we got there it was pretty dark but on the way home we say 8 deer that was 32 more than we thought were in all of ottawa county Very Happy
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Good Re: Last Ice Update (I Hope)

Post by saugeye1 Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:30 pm

i could have picked up a boat load of shad today
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:37 am

Nice report and pics... speaking of Shad... looks like a bomb went off in Indian... those suckers are laying all over the place.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down