Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ Brown/Clark Lake Report 3-15-09

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors CJ Brown/Clark Lake Report 3-15-09

Post by Flathead King 06 Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:53 pm

While working today I was getting some good reports on the fishing at CJ and clark lake...

CJ

Walleye are being picked up while trolling around the humps when possible and the old road bed... lures of choice seem to be wally-divers in a silver/pink and yellow/chartreuse along with a green/blue/yellow & orange fireball jig tipped with pieces of nightcrawler... crappie and bluegill are starting to move into the marina area... which are being caught on waxworms and minnows in the shallower water... not much else going on right now...

REMINDER--the DNR pulls their annual walleye nets tomorrow

Clark Lake

Crappie have started at clark lake... I was out there friday and caught a crappie that was just at 13"... we were using minnows and a small cork float fishing around brush, which seems to be how everyone else is fishing... a guy reported this morning that he was catching them so quick yesterday with 2 poles, he had to put one pole down because he couldn't keep up with them... they aren't monster slab crappie, but are an average 8-10" with the occasional 12"+....... Bluegill have also started picking up... they can be caught around brush and rock cover using waxworms on small jigs

REMINDER-- TROUT WILL BE RELEASED ON THE 27TH AT CLARK LAKE
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: CJ Brown/Clark Lake Report 3-15-09

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Sweet update!!!
Thanks hopefully next time I'm down I can fish Wink
Didn't do much this time but what time did you work from, Drove by didn't see the explorer
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: CJ Brown/Clark Lake Report 3-15-09

Post by Flathead King 06 Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:34 am

i work from 7am - 2 pm
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team