Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story

5 posters

Go down

Fishing Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:34 pm

:FIRST OFF IF YOU WERE OUT THIS WEEKEND LEARN SOME ETIQUETTE!!!:
(Not pointing anyone out but there were a lot of jerks out this weekend)
1. Don't fly through packs!
2. Watch your drifts!
3. Save the cheek meat!

Saturday-
Well we sure weren't the only ones who had the idea to go fishing this weekend!!!! We got to the ramp at about 9:30 after getting skimpy minnows at Happy Hooker. Already a bunch of guys out of Turtle Creek so we got out onto the relatively calm waters that stayed around until the end of the day. Headed straight from Tuesdays numbers and towards the 7 mile out B-can. It wasn't long until we got some marks. The fish were running up and down the screen for the sweedish pimples that worked last tuesday. Knew they weren't eyes, then tit wasn't long till Dad caught anice Jumbo perch. Then we got around 5 more perch within the next half hour until we notice a boat drifting towards us a about 25yds away. We thought they would move-WRONG. They ended up drifting within an arms reach of our boat, then he finally started it up. We never caught another fish after that... Pulled up anchor and reeled in two hair jigs!! We saw that they got snagged in 30ft. thought nothin of it until we pulled those in Very Happy Laughing
Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story 101-2
Next we moved to Niagra where there was a big pack stayed on the west side... Nothin doing there except a HUGE perch I lost at the boat. Typed in the numbers for Flat Rock Reef where we have pretty good spot. Finally marked some fish here... 3 other guys were in the area. Didn't catch anything though...

We were running low on gas so we decided to head in.. But wait, theres a BIG pack on Turtle Reef-Try it? Hell Yeah!!! We found a spot on the NW side of the pack and started anchored up... until we saw a drifter catch one, then another drifting with hair jigs. We joined the program and it wasn't long at around 3:30 Dad got his first eye! Then I got a bite while talking on the phone lol. I tried to horse it and Dad couldn't get the net on him Sad :lost: Then awhile later Dad got another, jus jiggin the hair Wink After that I got a bite got him and we used the same program in abour17-19ft. of water and managed 5 total. One fish I was dinstrating to Dad how I was fishing and how I should be fishing, well if I didn't get one LOL Then he ended us up saying, you ready to go-"yeah"-FISH ON. I did get the biggest!!!

Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story 102-2

Then we headed in, easy ride but a good drift was picking up. There was a heron trying to sneak a meal at the loaded fish cleaning house when we got there. It was pretty full. Lots of smaller jacks in the 18-20iin. range, almost all of the fish had the cheek meat on them. From waht we could tell almost everyione had a pretty slow day. Next weekend will really heat up!

Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story 104-1
Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story 106

Sunday
Same area same spot same conditions except we got minnows at landjaggers. Well I guess there was a bit calmer water also
Went back to the numbers got back on some fish as we could tell from a select few catching em. Tried a cicada and we drifted a bucnh, Dad missed some bites and then finally got one. It had some major VHS or something!!!!!
So then we decided to pull up for another drift... It was all good untl Dad pulls the cord and it jams!!! So I begin to paddleas he works on the motor. Luckily and Thankfully some nce guys cam over and offered us a tow!!! We might have been screwed lol!!! Thanks for them beging nice and getting us in safely. We gave them our fish and got home to fix the motor easly- Enjoy!!!

Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story 108
Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story 107
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Weekend-Turtle Creek/Reef-Walleye and Story

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:07 pm

great fish!!! sorry about the boat trouble. i mean to tell you, you guys catch some big fish! well done.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 pm

it must be nice living in walleye world, great catch and pics as usual jonny, eat a couple for me. Food
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Heckuva report fisher!
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:51 pm

If any of you want to know what he's talking about as far as removing the cheeks... rather than try to explain it I found a video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9NR2A9CHu8

removing the "wings" is new for me, but this is how you remove the cheeks. It also works for bass. Keep the cheeks for yourself if you ever clean a big mess of fish. They are ideal!

Wasting them it like going to the gas pump, filling up your car with $23.40 worth of gas, and then running $1.60 out onto the ground so you can have an even $25.00 when you go in to pay.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

cheeks are the best part!
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:00 pm

ratherbefishing wrote:If any of you want to know what he's talking about as far as removing the cheeks... rather than try to explain it I found a video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9NR2A9CHu8

removing the "wings" is new for me, but this is how you remove the cheeks. It also works for bass. Keep the cheeks for yourself if you ever clean a big mess of fish. They are ideal!

Wasting them it like going to the gas pump, filling up your car with $23.40 worth of gas, and then running $1.60 out onto the ground so you can have an even $25.00 when you go in to pay.

Good call Wink

kprice5 wrote:cheeks are the best part!

Thats what mist tihink!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down