Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on CJ Brown

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Update on CJ Brown

Post by rogue Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:22 pm

How was the fishing this past weekend at brown , I was going over tomorrow to give it a try . Any update would be helpful . Thanks Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Update on CJ Brown

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Welcome! to the site!!!
Flathead King 06 works at the bait shop next to CJ I'm usre he can give you a report!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:19 pm

welcome rogue. sure someone will be postings reports soon.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:36 pm

Jus got news from anther local friend

A few crappie at spillway,marina,rocks producing best

Walleye vertical jiggin off the point
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Hey fellows thanks for the info . I got some errands to run in the morning in Springfield so I was going to stop by cj to try some crappie . My 4 year old and I just got home from Madison lake and we finally caught some . He caught his first fish tonight ( a crappie ) it was pretty neat to see how excited he was , and before I new it he was two up on me before I caught my first one . We only caught 6 fish he caught two crappie and a big bluegill and I only caught one until we was coming back to the ramp and I picked up two crappie trolling a one inch crank bait , all the fish was small so we came home empty , but that is OK watching him was priceless . I need more practice fishing to keep up with him now so any info would help . thanks again rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:14 pm

awesome, thats priceless memories.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Well I stopped by brown today to give it a try , I was running late so I only could fish for an hour . I went to the marina and fished the lake in front of the rocks , after about ten minutes I seen my bobber barely moving like a turtle had my bait . I was fishing with minnows about 3 ft deep when this slow motion action was unfolding , so I set the hook on my lite weight rod only to find out that I had a 16/17" small mouth attached to my crappie hook . It was a lot of fun fighting it and I had him hooked real good , when I let him go I kinda smiled cause I thought I had the state record crappie on the end of that line ( he would have came home with me ). That's all I caught , but that's ok maybe next time.
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:55 pm

Thats cool
there are some great smallies in CJ surprisingly
Some say more of those than largemouth!

Did you tak a picture?
Rep point Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:30 pm

real nice smallie, great catch.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:56 pm

great fish. the little ones definately make the trip fun! lots of jumping around and cheering.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Sorry I have no pic. I need to get a new camera , the old one gave up the ghost I don't know what's wrong with it . I haven't caught a small mouth for a long time ( about 3 or 4 years ), I'm glad to here theirs some over there . I have never in my life seen a bass take something so slow , even when the water is so cold . I can't wait tell I get my boat over there for some eye's and crappies . I'm going to take my 4 year old so I know i'll get some fish in the boat . Good luck to all fishing Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down