Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saturday morning long beard

4 posters

Go down

Funny saturday morning long beard

Post by kprice5 Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:57 pm

So I woke up around 4 30 and started to get ready to turkey hunt with my dad. I started calling pretty early around 6 05 and sunrise was at 6 35. It was not to long when I got a few gobbles from far off. We stuck around for awhile then decided to make a move around 7 20 then made a move across the fileld. I called for about a half hour and nothing. I was really starting to get worried. I then told my dad to pay attention to his cell phone that im going to walk around and try to locate some. I walked and walked to where we heard the gobbles in the morning and wow did the woods light up with gobble after gobble. I called my dad about ten times and no answer, so I walked all the way back to find him sleeping like a baby lol I was not happy, but we got out stuff and got setteled in. We were about 150 yards away from the birds. They were really getting fired up and moving in fast. I called and they answered everytime, even the hens they were with were responding really good. Finally we saw the flock and my Dad and I counted 7 gobblers and 2 hens. As they got to about 50 yards I heard the panic call ? only to look and see a old lady walking through the field with a yellow shirt on...tresspassing.... scratch The birds did not mess around theey got out of there in a hurry. It was around 9 15 so we decided to head back home. I told my dad im going back out to watch the field since the hens are all nested up I figured the gobblers would struttin around. I got setteled in set up my 2 hens and a jake decoys did some calls and it sounded like they were less than 70 yards away. I got my gun ready and 2 huge long beards were running in full strut at my decoys. I shot my long beard at 15 yards!!! Walked back home and told my dad look what I found. Sorry no pictures, we had the camera when I went with my dad, but with how hot it was I had to hurry and put it on ice and the wind and sun was making it difficult to snap a pic with my cell. Beard was 10.5 and the bird weighed 23.5
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Funny Re: saturday morning long beard

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:53 pm

awesome story. good job
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5